Tuesday, November 23

Work Hard, Play Even Harder

I decided to take a day off today to ponder upon the future that lies ahead in every mild mannered programmer like me. Aside from a day of pondering, I felt that i also need a day to destress. Unfortunately for me, I used up all my sick and vacation leave (I've been very sickly and vacationly for this year) so i'm not getting paid for this day of thinking and unwinding. Syet, less gimik money for me next payday...

Is it even possible? The title of this nonsensical blog, is it possible to work hard and even play harder? Well, for those who just recently picked the habit to browse this blogful of experience, this mild-mannered programmer has been ..uhm.. working soft. Yes, I've been very unproductive lately (I just hope my immediate superior's not reading this, well if ever you are reading this mister immediate-superior-of-the-mild-mannered programmer, this story is entirely fictitious and even entirely opposite, this programmer has been spending wakeful nights thinking of improving the computing efficiency of the establishment, this 'imaginary' story is all for the reading pleasure of the readers of this blog who has nothing else to do). Well, though I been fictitiously been working soft, I been playing hard on the weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong, I defined 'playing' on the weekends as the normal gimik undertaken by yuppies. Well, based on my impression brought upon by the media and society, the normal gimik composes of the basic food groups: some sex, some drugs and some alcohol. Since I can't get any of the first two, I try to compensate by taking more of the third.

These weekend gimiks leave me drained to work on monday or the day after the gimik which leads me to the conclusion that it is not possible to play harder aside from working hard. Believe me, I tried working even much softer and maintaining the playing levels but still leaves me drained. This leaves me with the following realizations: by working soft and playing harder, leads you to working softer or even not working at all.

*Added AM of Nov 19*

But wait! I think I maybe mistaken. I just woke up this morning, again with the feeling of dysmenorrhea and constipation and upset stomach (I'm not female but I just felt what I'm feeling at that time was close to dismenorea, I could be wrong but you don't care do you?), and I was using all the power I have to stop time from reaching 6.30am so that I would not have to force myself to take a shower (I don't like showers in the morning, brrr..), eat, and *dread* go to work. Since it's already 9.39am, I obviously did not stop time but if anyone noticed time slowing down around 6.30am, comment me. Maybe my powers to stop time needs just a bit of practice. Hehe, I was hoping it was too subtle for me to notice. Yes, I know, I'm not making any sense again, what does my waking up have to do with my changing of mind regarding working and playing? For some unknown reason, I was reminded of my workaholic alcoholic friend. She does work hard, and yet plays even harder. I'm not sure how much sex and drugs she gets, but i'm sure she gets a lot of alcohol. hmmm... I wonder how she does it? Maybe it has something to do with the testosterone-alcohol or estrogen-alcohol reaction? Since it is not statistically sound to conlude anything, but hey, who wants to be statistically sound? I therefore conclude, barring any violent reactions, that ...uhm... women may work hard and play even harder due the the abundance of estrogen levels. Would this include the gays? (by the way, what the politically correct term for gays?) Oh well, that's for another blog.

<<Prev Post | Main Page | Next Post>>

2 comments:

Overratedbitch said...

Political correctness comes from the sincerity of the person, not much on the term itself.

(And just so you know, the politically correct term for me would be transsexual, thank you.)

Gays don't have higher estrogen, silly. They are still men, as androgen-filled as any staunchly heterosexual men you would know (i.e. your dad, you, your lolo, etc.) who just happen to like other men.

Spell-check, buddy: d-y-s-m-e-n-o-r-r-h-o-e-a (or just plain dysmenorrhea, if you're not English, blimey!)

Anonymous said...

mister,
so you want more work? good. i'll meet you up for upcoming projects.


- immediate-superior-of-the-mild-mannered programmer