Wednesday, November 17

Drugged and Toothless

We had a pleasant three day weekend last Nov. 13 until 15.

(PGMA, sana laging ganito, the moving mid-week holidays near weekends. This reminds me of joke, while most of the moving of holidays were warmly welcomed, the president annoyed the faithful when the palace proposed the maundy thursday be moved on monday and good friday to be celebrated on tuesday for a 4 day weekend. *Some jokes are better told than written*) Anyway...

So ano ba ang magandang gawin sa mga araw na yan? On the last 3-day weekend we had during kalag-kalag, me and some of my friends (Marben, Jonash, Thin, sayang wala si Mayla *in alphabetical order, names had been intentionally mispelled to protect the identities of the involved*), had a beach trip and rented a cottage for an overnight stay in Samal. Woohoo ang saya nun, kulang lang nga sa beer and ice pero solbs sa dagat, smoke, and inihaw na porkchop. Yumm. Anyway, di ganito ang ginawa ko this 3-day weekend. What i did was have a scheduled removal of an impacted (a.k.a. impaktong) tooth.

Yes, my wisdom tooth was not growing straigth. Para sa mga maswerte at di nagkaroon nito, according to my dentist, an impacted tooth may push your good teeth an thus create misalignment, another is that there is a very high possibility of food and dirt getting trapped that cavities may develop and affect your good teeth. Marami pa ata, i-google nyo na lang kung sobrang ala kayong alam about impacted teeth.

And I'm lucky enough to have two of them: lower left and lower right. I had my lower left impacted tooth removed which signaled the end of a flourishing soccer career at that time: after removal of the tooth, kailangan ng sufficient rest para maghilum ang sugat tsaka no actions with much force. So ayun, may local tournament pa naman sana (as if sobrang galing). Medyo natatakot nga ako umebak baka kasi dumugo gums kung may forceable action. (Note to self, eat fiber-rich foods after impacted tooth removal).

Well during the last three day weekend, balak ko ipa-alis iyong sa kanan. Bakit kamo? 1.) My ex-girlfriend broke up with me and is now happy in another relationship, I want to feel as much pain as possible! 2.) Might as well get rid of this now while still *young*.

Di naman ganun kasakit iyong surgery, may anesthesia naman. Alam nyo ba when recieving anesthesia, one should avoid alcohol days before the operation? Medyo kinabahan ako during the friday operation because I had 3 beers last wednesday after confirming with the dentist that I should only have 1! Hay naku, kung di ko lang crush iyong kasama ko nun, pero I had fun that night. Hehe, nagbanat na lang ako tubig during thursday and friday in the hopes of diluting all the floating alcohol sa katawan ko. Buti na lang ok iyong reaction ko sa anesthesia, I guess all the water i downed paid off, nakakakaba lang iyong tunog ng metal thingy scraping the bone of your lower jaw as the perspiring dentist forcibly tries to breakoff the damned tooth. Whew!

Remember the ice cream we had as kids after any dental works? Di lang pala siya reward for being brave kids, the cold food actually helps the wound not to swell much and the ice cream would ease the pain. So i had some. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my brother robhen for driving me home after such gruelling battle.

Ayun, so I used the three day weekend to recuperate. Tambay lang sa bahay to watch tv, sira pa jud and gitara, nothing to good read sa bahay (memorize ko na lahat ng fhm ko, hehe), di pa pwede magyosi, this time bawal na ang ice cream, so in short, I was in zombie state. Living in a state of suspended reality just waiting for by body to heal.

I missed things, birthday bash ng comsci classmate ko (happy 29th birthday to Jaypi!), may friend ako nagyaya ng eden getaway for free, haaay kasayang, di pa ako nakapanood ng the incredibles, may friend ako, who feels that i might lose emotional stability, nagyaya sana ng inuman. (It is a fact that alcohol when mixed with tosteserone provides emotional stability for males). So di ako pde lahat nun...

Pero medyo ok na ulit, I'm back sa office, I'm still bored, I'm still unproductive, but I'm back. medyo nakakaramdam pa ako ng kaunting kirot minsan. haaay, and to think I spent my entire paycheck to drugged and toothless...

<<Prev Post | Main Page | Next Post>>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nakakaiyak naman iyang kwento mo. so di ka na pala wisdomful. hehe

blognironald said...

ei franz, sorry na delete ko ung comment mo. sinubukan ko lang magdelete pero di ko na alam paano i-undelete. nasan ba ang recycle bin dito?

franz said...

ok,lang. ganyan ka talaga eh.