Sunday, December 12

Part 3: Body Massage

And then I woke up sunday morning, expecting a refreshed and relaxed feeling. Wrong again. I could barely lift my arms up as I try doing my daily morning routine of reaching my toes, my knees, my shoulders, my head (come on, sing with me. I'm sure you know the lyrics), my toes, my knees, my shoulders, my head (repeat twice or until you're bored) so early in the morning!

I've never felt such muscle soreness on my upper back before. I'm used to the feeling of soreness on my legs during my soccer-playing-goal-scoring days which was so long ago, but never felt pain on my upper back. Maybe it's because you don't use your back for ball kicking or my back didn't get hit much by the ball, or maybe it's because of the massage I had last night. I'm sure if you read the second part of the body massage mini-series, you would have jumped to the same conlcusion.

Another prediction come true. I spent the rest of sunday recuperating due to saturday night's activities. Since i could barely move, I just lied the entire day (I know it's bad to be a compulsive liar but hey, I have to lie alot today to get things done. For example: Hey, could you please get me a glass of water? I can't leave the bed now since I'm trying to bind this book which I put under the mattress. I have to sit on it until the glue dries. Another: Hey, could you please turn on the electric fan? I'm feeling warm and I'm afraid of moving an inch as it might raise my body temperature even higher. Could you please? And many others which is even more unbelievable. I hope these examples showed pretty much how I lied around the entire day)

So there, another boring day for the mild-mannered programmer...

...I was about to end here but I thought fans of these blog might wonder where the exciting part two of the body massage story. Was there sex? Was the mild-mannered programmer butt-slapped or cheek-slapped? Are programmers now banned from shiatsu centers? You'll know in the near future. According to what I've read somewhere, there seem to be a law of diminishing returns regarding stories with sequels. For example, Matrix did better than Matrix Reloaded, which did better than Matrix Revolution. So I thought of doing part three first. Another example, George Lucas made star wars part 4,5 and 6 first then did 1, 2, 3. So I decided to be a bit original and did part 1 first, then part 3, then finally part 2. How about that? A dose of original story telling style from me. So I'll end here and do part 2 next sunday while I do one of my latest favorite hobby, observing my hit counter.

<<Prev Post | Main Page | Next Post>>

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahuh? thats y we're anticipating for PArt 2 cuz of the "sex" part now we'll have to wait for part 5?? better watch some X flicks here.


-Ed Powers

Anonymous said...

was waiting for part 2 to see the mortified look on shiatsu masseuse's face upon finding out ronald's absent "underware".

did she faint? or did you paint her town, uhm, red?

issey (tamad mag-sign-in) la-la-la-la...

kulitskie said...

bitin naman... and to think isao and i are thinking "environmentally" these past few days...

Anonymous said...

ikit: hayyy... ang tagal pa ng sunday... :( ron, story telling ka rin ano nangyari sa dalawang "moklo" mo na kasama! hahahahahaha.. peace! :D

Anonymous said...

check on your subject-verb agreement (hayan ha, may sense yan). how's LA? is it really a great big freeway? (as the swing out sister claimed?)