Tuesday, December 7

The Gender Bias

I'm really sorry for the readers who have been visiting this page thrice every hour expecting a new entry. I know this thanks to that hightech, invisible, and multithreading hit counter which captures every information about the visitors of this page from your internet habits, hobbies, current hairstyle to even what you're wearing right now. (I see you wearing that french maid outfit while surfing, how kinky)

I haven't really thought of setting a regular time to write for my blog. I just write when i feel like writing, but since i have amassed lots of readers who read this blog if ever they feel like reading, there must be some order to this. Starting today, I'll set my sunday mornings as my blog writing time and sunday afternoons as blog posting time so you can set any time after sunday afternoon as your new blog reading time. Ha! I assume to much that people actually read this. Assuming too much is not a quality of a mild mannered programmer like I pretend to be, so i'll stop now. It's not sunday today but I feel like writing now. If you're not yet ready to read, you can safely close this window and come back a little later. I'll still be here. Pramis.

My friends and I took some time, last friday Dec3, to watch the exhibit of four local short films at gmall. With the untrained eye I have for films, I found them quite good. Being the short films that they are, which leaves them little air time for the usual pinoy mid-film dance routine by the lead actors and a bunch of strangers who amazingly know the dance steps to that impromptu dance in the park, the films focused on showing their insights on the human condition and realities.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm probably correct in saying that two of the four films had a gay inspired/related plot while the two others showed that things that does not kill you make you stronger. I'm not going to try to movie critic here, I'm just voicing out opinions here.

I was about to give a summary of the short films but I fortunately remembered this is no term paper. I'll just pick up a line that i find interesting. According to one of the short films, I can't remember the exact words but I hope I got the idea right, people who are intellectually and artistically inclined tend to be gay since they have transcended the gender bias. The actor, who is a bisexual engineer in the film, then proceeded to name geniuses of the past who were gay like Da Vinci, Michelangelo and others whose names were to greeky to pronounce correctly.

Is there some truth in such statements? Maybe. But let me get some things straight, being gay doesn't necessarily mean genius and inclination to the arts, it's being intellectual and artistic that makes one inclined to be gay. So am I gay? Wrong question, am I intelligent? Well, I belonged to the honor's class back in elementary. Maybe I am intelligent. Am I artistic? Uhm... I once had a voltron drawing back in grade three that was chosen by my art teacher as one of the most color coordinated. So I guess I am artistic. Have i transcended the gender bias? Hmm.. what does it take to transcend the gender bias?

I really don't know, but then again, we never really defined what being gay is, and I'm not going to.

<<Prev Post | Main Page | Next Post>>

No comments: