Monday, February 7

Time Space Warp, Immediately!

I belonged to the generation of youngsters where afternoon TV viewing means kid friendly shows of batibot, where the kuya bodgie interacted alongside puppets. Puppets made from cloth, which were by the almost real to at that time like: Pong Pagong (Pong the Turtle), Kiko Matsing (Kiko the Monkey) and the rare appearance of a special guest Ibong Malaki who regularly appears in sesame street as Big Bird. Sesame Street at that time was still wholesome. The show was still devoid of rumors that Bert is evil, that Ernie is gay due to his bathing preference of always playing with his ‘rubber ducky,’ that Ernie died due to aids, that Ernie contracted the virus thru his sexual relations with Bert.

Robot shows were also the rage at that time. I especially liked Voltron, a robot composed of 5 lions of different colors (I believe my color coordination skill was due to this show, imagine mixing 5 different colors into 1 ultimate fighting machine and still avoid being a fashion victim). Memorable Japanese futuristic shows are shown: Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Mask Rider, Macros, Daimos and Bioman (which incidentally, is included in GMA7’s cartoon lineup on Saturday as of this writing.

For those who belonged to my generation, you would probably recognize the title as the translation to Bioman’s utterance before the final fight scene with the baddies: (‘Time space warp, ngayon na!) and almost instantly, a super-high-tech looking spacecraft would appear from somewhere over the mountains and carry Bioman to a place where innocent civilians may be made unaware of a vicious battle between good and evil that may possible tear the world apart.

I am making you recall this since I experienced being ‘time space warped.’ My LA vacation started with it.

We were scheduled to leave the manila international airport at 10pm Dec19 Sunday with an estimated travel time of 13 hours. Seems normal to me at that time. And then we boarded the plane.

Thirteen (13) hours flew quite quickly (pun intended). The 13 hours were consumed by intervals of sleep, eat, watch the in flight movie (taxi, which stars Queen Latifah and a moron police cop with a shallow plot you must definitely avoid except for the watching racing cars scenes which kept me half awake. Volta, starring Ai Ai delas Alas, and Sky Captain something and the World of Tomorrow).

Then we landed after a relatively uneventful 13 hours. The time on my watch says it should be 11am Dec20 Monday, but it seems that I was in for a surprise (to keep the story fresh, amazing, interesting and even keep you readers in awe, let us pretend the idea of international time zones are yet to be explained to us).

As we were going through immigration, the speakers blared: Welcome to the Los Angeles International Airport, the time now is 6pm Dec19 Sunday. WHOA!! Let’s pause for a moment of silence and then backtrack a little..., I remember leaving manila at 10pm Dec19, went through a 13 hour flight, and yet arrived in Los Angeles at 6pm Dec19. I actually flew back 4hours in time! (pun intended). I was very elated to know that I’ve gone back in time yet shocked to know that I might have torn the delicate fabric of time. I was already thinking of things to minimize the repercussions of going back through time. I already decided to move my birthday a day ahead. Instead of celebrating it on Dec1, from then on, my birthday is on Nov31. I was also anxious to find mind doctors to erase all memories that supposedly happened during the time space warp.

And since I am a fickle minded creature of non-habit, plus a disdainful procrastinator, none of this where put into action as I forgot everything else and looked forward to my vacation...

<<Prev Post | Main Page | Next Post>>

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont always say that ur a fickle minded, coz what you says.. that you possess,, ok? mali ata spelling ko.... you're not just smart but poetic that means ur romantic & cool with deep thoughts deeper than the deepest of ocean, higher than the highest of mountain, sweeter than the sweetest of honey, thoughts that reaches to the farthest horizon.... this s me.. woman in black with brown big eyes & flat nose... but .......

Anonymous said...

Ron.. ai nakakapanibagong tawag ata.

keep on reading my comments,,, u wont get upset but encourage,, be strong & take courage, do not fear nor be dismayed, coz God lives within you... ok? just learn to wait & be patience.

Anonymous said...

; what do you mean by that??!?!? lousy programmer!!! :P

Overratedbitch said...

Another mind-boggling blogging! But I always thought it was Ida, the "transvestite" high priestess of Fuma Lei-ar who always said "Time space warp, ngayon din". That's from one (eh-urm:sexy and gorgeous) anime geek to another.

blognironald said...

kakaiba talaga magcomment etong si anonymous. wala lang.

Anonymous said...

Cno kah bah anonymous?kaluod..wrong grammar..wala'y sense...baga-h ug nawong manaway..
nway, i really love reading your blogs.Ngayon ko lang nalaman magaling ka pala..Ba't di mo nasabi yan sa akin noon para mapakinabanggan natin?hehehe...lam ko pah nmn mahilig ka sa "extra income"...hehehe

Overratedbitch said...

uhm, i repeats the questioning of yesterday, today and tomorrow: who is patience? patience philips of the movies catwomans?